"The most competent A&E department I have visited."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I would like to say how wonderful and competent the staff were in both A&E and HDU when my Mother was admitted as an emergency due to a collapse. In A&E, the Medical staff were excellent at keeping me up to date with my Mother's progress even though she was in Resus. I never felt that I had to ask anything as the information was always forthcoming. The Medical skills of the staff were clearly excellent. Once on HDU, I found that the Nursing staff there were equally caring and always appearing to update me without asking. Made all the difference as none of us want to be a nuisance in constantly asking for information.

I could not speak more highly of the staff and hospital especially in these 2 departments.

What could be improved

Nothing

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us positive feedback on your recent visit to the Royal Bolton Hospital. I will forward these comments both to a Departmental Manager in A & E and also the Departmental Manager in HDU. We are pleased to hear that you found the staff competent in A & E and also HDU. Once again many thanks for your posting.