"Awful experience"

About: West Mendip Community Hospital

Came in today, they were quite busy due to shepton hospital x-ray machine being down but I don’t think that’s an excuse for how people were being treated. The receptionist had no manners whatsoever and just rude. As soon as I walked in I was handed a form and told to fill it in, there was no other communication. Both me and my mother in law though it was odd. When I went in to see the nurse she cut the bandage off me and pressed down in a few areas and sent me to x-ray. The nurse that put my splint on afterwards had absolutely no idea what she was doing and took her serveral attempts to put it on. They told me I was fit to go back to work even though I can’t move my hand at all and I’m a waitress. Patients were going in and within minutes they were sent back out again. It was as if there were compeating to see who could get rid of a patient that fastest. Over all everyone’s attitudes stunk and I won’t ever go back again. I’d rather sit for hours waiting at Yeovil.

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Patient and Public Involvement Manager, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Hello,

I'm very sorry that you had a poor experience at West Mendip MIU, with poor attitude from both the reception staff and the nurse. I have passed this to the service manager and asked that this is looked into. We really don't want patients to feel that they are not listened to or treated with care, so I'm really sorry that this happened.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I can assure you that this will be shared with the team.

Kind regards, LUCY