"PCT & CMHS refusal to make 'reasonable adjustments' to enable me to access services"

About: North Yorkshire and York PCT

(as the patient),

My trusted same sex consultant psychiatrist was redeployed to another sector earlier this year.

I wrote to the PCT chief exec and asked for 'reasonable adjustments' to be made to enable me to remain under the care of the same sex consultant, which my GP supported, as I am strongly opposed to being cared for by members of the opposite sex. I have not received any mental health care, support nor treatment since.

I have recently been provided with documents which state that my care was transferred to a clinician of the opposite sex without my knowledge despite my objection. I have taken all steps to try resolve this clinical dispute, I have met with mental health services management, wrote to them, written to the PCT chief exec, and am still being told by MHS that I either take what they are offering or face discharge from services, despite my being in possession of specialist independent reports which the PCT refuse to accept/acknowledge.

The services currently being offered by the community mental health service will not meet my individual needs, yet the MHS & PCT refuse to make reasonable adjustments to enable me to access services.

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Recently read