"Very low waiting times, informative staff, good..."

About: Salford Royal

I attended the hospital to seek emergency treatment for a blood clot forcing me to take time off work due to pain. I was putting off going to the hospital because on earlier occasions (some years ago) I had waited 4 and 5 hours. I did go and see them and to my surpise i was seen very quickly.

Things I Liked:

- Friendly Staff

- Waiting Times were short

- Kept informed of my decision

- Offered pain management treatment

What could be improved

- Blood pressure monitor was not malfunctioning; made it hard to get an accurate reading.

Anything else?

To be honest attending the hospital and the quick and effective treatment I did feel a little of a time waster With hearing so much of the NHS suffering due to funding cuts lately I was acutely aware of the bad stories I hear about people with very serious conditions reciving poor treatment. Although I don't know if that relates to this hospital or in general.

Overall I was pleasantly suprised and have since chosen to recive treatment for my condition at this hospital in relation to my GP referral.

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for your comments, these have been highlighted to the department concerned