"there is room for improvement"
About: The Heart Hospital The Heart Hospital London W1G 8PH
Posted via NHS Choices
What could be improved
I have been to the Hert hospital on many occassion in the last year, there are several problems that need to be rectified
1) the ammount of money paid for reimbursment of travel cost for vehicle fuel is pitifully low I estimate that I am being short changed by some £4 I was given £7.40 but the actualy cost of fuel is £11.50 I checked this on google maps.
2) the staff at the front reception desk are not so helpfull , they seem borred sick they just dont have the energy to help people, the back office staff are very slow and dont apreciate that you may have a car waiting on double yellow lines to pick you up.
I got the impression that refunds of travel cost are not a priority of the Hospital admin, I can understand why people would not bother and just go home without claiming what is rightfully theirs to claim.
3) No help with travel or travel costs for close family members cost an absolute fortune for family
to visit every day aprox £1700 for minicab over 3 week stay. relatives on benefits will not be able to visit family in this hospital.
4) I could not get a hospital ambulance car to take me home as I was deamed good enough to take train, this dose not take into account the fear of underground confined spaces and if a person feels mentally incapable of taking such a jurney on their own something need to be done to help the poorly/ill.
5) Consultants dont talk or explain enough to you!
6) In my case I had a stroke when I told the Doctors they just clam up, dont know to this day why I had stroke no explainantion given.
P.S. I bet you wont post these coments on your website