"My care far exceeded my expectations...."

About: Colchester General Hospital

I have required 2 admissions via the EAU unit at Colchester Hospital to Brightlingsea Ward in the past month. The care that I have received and the speed with which investigations and treatment were accessed have been amazing. Within 48 hours of my arrival at the assessment unit on May 11th I had had ultrasound scans, 2 CT scans and an endoscopic biopsy and stenting procedure. Throughout it all the staff were professional and caring. The ward was spotlessly clean and I saw no evidence of bad hygeine practice. Frankly if I had been in a position to pay for the best available private treatment it could not have improved upon the care I received and I have perfect faith that my follow up is in good hands. Like many these days I have frequently said " I just hope I never need to go into hospital", having read the media comments on the failings of the NHS. May I re-assure any who read this sharing my fears that the experience was very different indeed and Colchester hospital should be proud of the care it gave me.