"I received a cancellation appointment that was marvellous"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Xrays & Scans

I went to see my doctor and she was not too keen with the way I was because I have stents in. I got a call a few days later to tell me there was a cancellation appointment for the next day if I could attend, so I went to kilmarnock the next day. They took me in and I only waited 15 mins, then I saw a nurse who took my info and some measurements, then went and waited five mins and another nurse took me, and took more measurements etc, then waited five mins to see a doctor, doctor was good, and spent a long time with me and said I need an xray. I thought oh no, I'll have to wait for an appointment and catch a few buses etc, but no, they took me straight for an xray, it was absolutely marvellous. I thought it would be months but all of this happened within a week f going to my GP.

Dear asteropexp55,

Thank you for coming on to Care Opinion and sharing this lovely story. I am glad it worked out so well for you; this was clearly the care you needed at the time you needed it. I hope your results are good too.

I will pass this to the teams involved, I am sure it will be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,