"Caring, attentive and very friendly staff made me feel so comforted"

About: Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France / Cardiology & Coronary Care Unit

I came in just a couple of days ago for an angiogram to check my coronary arteries are clear (I'll be having an aortic root replacement soon, which involves valve replacement plus the aneurysm in my aorta being replaced with a synthetic section). I was very nervous at the thought of even just this small procedure but I needn't have worried. Not only is the procedure very quick and painless, but the caring, attentive and very friendly staff made me feel so comforted and cared for (and this was when they were working flat out! ). I have been very frightened about my forthcoming op, but the care I received this week has made me feel a lot more confident about what's to come. Thank you all!

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Mrs Dicky Ticker

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us following your admission to have an angiogram at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. I was so pleased to read how the staff were able to explain what was happening so that you were not too anxious about the procedure. It was lovely to read that they were able to make you comfortable and ensure that the procedure was quick and painless.

I have shared your kind words with the team and l hope you are now settled back at home and ready for your aortic replacement soon.

Thank you again.

Kind regards

Jeannette

• Mrs Dicky Ticker thinks this response is helpful

Response from Simon Dunn, Deputy Associate Nurse Director, NHS Lothian

Dear Mrs Dicky Ticker

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am delighted to hear that your procedure went well and I have made sure that my team have received your positive feedback.

It is great to hear that you feel much more confident about your upcoming operation and I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Kind Regards