"My admission"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / General medicine

I was admitted to the hospital with abdominal pains. I had travelled from Dorset for Christmas to stay in a hotel 60 miles away. My partner and I were allowed to stay in a room together for which I was really grateful. I had a CT scan which showed kidney stones. We were in a bit of a predicament about getting back to the hotel as it was a long way away but we had to wait hours for a doctor to see us. When he did arrive they said there was nothing they could do and was most rude. In the meantime I was vomiting and told the nurse they said go and lie on the bed and then I did not see anyone after that! ! I am sorry to say that I thought the doctor and the nurse were unsympathetic and unprofessional given they are in a caring profession. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Response from Pauline Donnelly, Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Dear Marchxg53

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and leaving feedback about your recent experience at Forth Valley Royal Hospital.

I was so upset to hear that your visit to our hospital was such a difficult and distressing one, at Forth Valley Royal Hospital our staff work hard to deliver a high standard of person centered care, it is disappointing to hear that this has not been the case for you.

I wonder if I could ask you to get in touch with me, as I would like to find out a little bit more about your experience. You can contact me on 01324 566523 or alternatively you can email me on p.marland@nhs.net.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you are making a good recovery.

Kindest regards