"There are 3 issues I'd like to comment..."

About: Qeqm Hospital

What could be improved

There are 3 issues I'd like to comment upon:

i) I had need to visit A&E (QEQM) a couple of weeks ago at 8.30am. Fortunately there was no-one waiting and I was checked in (rather tersely) by the receptionist. I was called in to the treatment area quickly, assessed and asked to wait in the treatment room. I waited over an hour. I had a head injury (not serious). People came and went and finally I complained. Not good enough!

ii) On 1st Oct I went for an MRI scan (referral from Spencer wing). I had an 11.40am appointment and had the scan at nearly 1pm. It was a good job I had not paid for parking! At no time during my wait did the receptionist explain why there was a delay. Instead she and a colleague continued to discuss the merits of senior staff and management. Most unprofessional. People were 'dumped' in the waiting area in wheelchairs and the whole experience was uncomfortable.

iii) I had need to visit the X-ray dept (referral from Spencer Wing). I went along and went into the waiting area. i was called in and asked to undress and put on a gown. I was then asked to sit down in the waiting area in full view of passing staff and visitors for 10 minutes whilst I was called in. I felt very uncomfortable and undignified. Imagine if I had been a someone of a more sensitive nature. Unacceptable.

Martin Fettes-Neame

Anything else?

I would welcome your comments.