"I had an ERPC at the day unit in July..."

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

I had an ERPC at the day unit in July and I have nothing but praise for all the nurses/doctors that treated me. They kept my informed on all aspects whilst having the correct mix of professionalism and compassion at such a horrid time.

Anything else?

Prior to this I had a scan and agree with another comment on this site that they really do need a separate area for those from the EPU or have just had bad news. I felt that the sonographer rushed us out the room and left us standing (with me in floods of tears) in the middle of the waiting area surrounded by pregnant women. I then went to the EPU but there was no receptionist and as I could not bear to sit and wait I went in search of a nurse. I appreciate that they are streached but you have no idea when they might come and see who is waiting which adds to the stress levels. Once I was seen the nurses were lovely and informative but it's just that initial bit of the process that needs to be looked at.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

We are sorry you had a bad experience and have passed your comments to the appropriate departmental manager.