"I feel so much better"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / General surgery

I got an abscess and didn't know about it until I went into A & E and they noticed that it wasn't what I thought it was. It was serious and was external and internal around the anus. I'm 18 years of age (never had an operation) and as you may think, I was very worried about having my bum operated on and checked on in general. However all throughout the day I waited patiently for my surgery and to see what was going on. I was moved into ward 5B where the staff were very, kind, polite, helpful and in my case gentle. This is because when I was at the doctors, with a previous encounter of a sore bum, they wasn't gentle at all and it put me off going to the doctors.

However the nurses were more than brilliant and I was very happy with the way they treated me. To anyone who is worried about their operation or aftermath, the nurses will guide you and help you through it, giving you confidence and calm thoughts. The pilgrim hospital helped me straight away, get my problem sorted and without them I would have been in so much pain and distraught. So I would recommend anyone with a similar problem as mine to head down and get it sorted because it will get worse! I feel even better now, it's 2 days after my operation and I'm healing quicker than I expected and I should be back on my feet soon. Thanks to the Pligrim hospital I am now able to enjoy myself a lot more and I feel so, so much better off for going to see what my problem was.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear cjw1,

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind feedback on the website.

It always makes the team happy and very proud to see such a positive patient experience especially as in your case where you felt very nervous and worried.

I am so glad my team managed to make you feel so much better and I will ensure they see this wonderful feedback.

We all wish you well in your recovery, take care and kind regards

Sr Emma Thompson