"A&E staff were bright and ..."

About: Royal Derby Hospital

A&E staff were bright and cheerful. (Attended Late evening, 18th April 2010) Radiographers were great.

Had a Plaster cast fitted and crutches were explained and they even watched me practice one sit down and one get up to make sure that I would manage on them.

Received a next day appointment for fracture clinic.

The Consultant's Registra was really enthusiastic and caring and the other orthopeadic registra who's name I didn't catch was very pleasant when the first doctor sought his opinion and they discussed my care with me as a contributor rather that an observer.

OT splint worshop made a very nice cast when I was ready to weight bear again which was comfortable and removable for personal washing and swimming later in my recovery

Orthopod seemed happy on the six week follow up that I was back in work and recovering and wished me the best for the future.

Anything else?

Had fantastic treatment and I don't think that positive feedback is heard about often enough.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

We are really pleased to hear that the care you received was of the highest standard. I shall pass your comments on to the relevant departments who will be happy to hear such positive feedback, thank you.

J. Roberts, Communications