"I was treated in outpatients over ..."

About: Wythenshawe Hospital

I was treated in outpatients over the course of 15 months. The consultant could not have been more caring, even ringing me at home when I was very ill and seeing me without appointment when she thought it necessary. I was always involved in decisions about my treatment. I cannot praise my care highly enough. The more junior doctors, the nurses, the receptionist, the people who have to coax blood samples out of my arm - have all been very good to me. Even the people who deal with complaints are extremely friendly and helpful.

What could be improved

Over all the time I was going, I never saw any wheelchairs at the place where you are supposed to be able to get them. One time I was feeling really ill and rang before my appointment to say I'd like a wheelchair. I was told there would be some at a certain place in the corridor. There weren't and never have been when I've been there.

Anything else?

This hospital - at least in the parts I have been in - shows the NHS at its best.

Response from Wythenshawe Hospital

Many thanks for your email. It is always appreciated when patients take the time to give feedback about the hospital.

I will pass on your comments to the appropriate members of staff.

Kind regards