"nothing - I didn't get any ..."
About: Charing Cross Hospital Charing Cross Hospital London W6 8RF
Posted via NHS Choices
What I liked
nothing - I didn't get any treatment and didn't find out why.
What could be improved
1. If you are told a time by which you will be informed if your operation is cancelled, then this is what should happen.
2. When a ward sister rings theatres to find out what time a patient on the ward will be going to theatre, don't tell her it has been cancelled because there are no beds!
3. If the literature states that treatment will be given within 28 days if (in an unusual event) an operation is cancelled, an appointment should be available before this time.
4. The surgical admissions lounge should be heated, as patients are told to put on gowns then sit in uncomfortable chairs.
5. Patients get fed up with giving the same information over and over again to different staff members in the same clinic area.
6. Information should be available to patients if they ask why the 18 week pathway does not apply. (i.e. the beginning of July to February is not 18 weeks)
7. When a patient is told they will be added to a waiting list, this should be done before the patient calls PALS to find out what has happened a month later because they have received nothing.
Don't even start me!!