"I was very impressed by this hospital. ..."
About: The Cheshire & Merseyside NHS Treatment Centre The Cheshire & Merseyside NHS Treatment Centre Runcorn WA7 2HH
Posted via NHS Choices
What I liked
I was very impressed by this hospital. It was clean, efficient (consult, MRI scan, final consult and pre-op in one morning) and quick (could have had an appointment two days after referral and could have had the op a lot sooner if I had chosen. All very nice people
What could be improved
1. The information given beforehand about the Arthroscopy should have been checked for completeness.
2. The information given on paper is not always the same and you have to compare three different sets of info to get the (now and again confusing) picture.
3. In spite of good information beforehand about prevention of MRSA etc I did not see any member of staff using the anti-bacterial liquid and no visitor/patient was ever asked/urged to use the liquid when coming into the hospital or onto a ward, even though the info said you should.
4. When I came for my check-up 6 weeks after the op there was a delay of almost 1.5 hour. It would have been nice if we had been told that as we could have had a cup of coffee in the meantime. No one really minded, though, because the Dr is a "smashing bloke" as one patient put it.
5. There wasn't any reading material readily available.