About: Basildon University Hospital / Dermatology

I cannot believe the treatment my 5 year old received yesterday in the Dermatology Dept. We waited for 30 mins in a crowed room. The 'expert' Dr was could not care about my daughter, barely looked at her skin. My daughter was scared & the doctor made it so much worse. There was no communication - all the doctor did was leave the room & then return to make notes. My daughter cried & screamed as she did not want an internal swab & the Doctor did nothing. I cannot believe the so called treatment my daughter received. The Dr should be ashamed & reconsider their profession - as clearly they have no empathy, caring or desire to treat patients. Prescribing medication is all the doctor cared about, Both me & my daughter left the department in tears. A shambles & utter disgrace. Basildon Hospital - please improve. For a mother & daughter to leave the hospital in tears is incomprehensible

We went to improve my daughters health - not to make the child terrified !

Response from Basildon University Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding your daughter's experience in the Dermatology Department at Basildon Hospital. We are sorry that this was not a positive experience for either of you.

The behaviour you describe of the medical staff is unacceptable.

In order to investigate your concerns further, please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01268 524900 xt 4440 or email: pals@btuh.nhs.uk and they will look into this for you.

Thank you.