"Finding your way around Morriston Hospital"

About: Morriston Hospital / General Medicine

(as a relative),

I went to visit my brother in Law in hospital and was told he was in Ward F. On every Direction Board we checked, there is no Ward F. We asked a few staff, and they didn't know. It was only until we said he had had a stroke that we were told where to go.

A few days later he was transferred to Gower Ward, so to be prepared I went on the Morriston Hospital Website and searched for Gower Ward. Lo and behold, no Gower ward was shown on the map.

What a shambles, I think this is basic information that should be rectified immediately, as it is a very stressful place to go in the best of times without making it ten times worse by not being able to find a ward, especially in an emergency. Please sort it out!

Response from Norma Owen, Patient Experience Manager, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board We are preparing to make a change

The Morriston Hospital online map was updated in October 2016. Signage on the hospital site will be updated by end January 2017

We are very sorry for the difficulties experienced and accept that the current signage in Morriston is unacceptable. In the meanwhile the hospital’s PALs (Patient Advisory Liaison Service) Officers are walking around the hospital as far as possible to assist people with way finding