"So much better than expected"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I am really impressed by the standard of care I received by the gastroenterology team.

I saw the Surgeon working on the team and had a number of investigations including an endoscopy, which I was not looking forward to, but it was absolutely fine and the nurses caring for me throughout the procedures were really sensitive and encouraging. The hospital has a very different feel now when compared to previous years; there are nice touches like the 'Friends' who bring a refreshment trolley around to out-patient waiting areas and the parking charge is shall we say, reasonable. A big thank you to the entire team of professionals caring for me.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the care provided to you by the gastroenterology team. We're sorry for the delay in replying, but unfortunately we didn't receive notification that your review had been left.

We know that patients can often find the prospect of an endoscopy to be unpleasant, and it's great to read that you had a good experience of the procedure.

We're sure this will have been reassuring for other patients reading your review.

We'll make sure we pass on your thanks to all involved, including the Maidstone Hospital League of Friends.

With kind regards, The PALS Team.

• {{helpful}} of {{total()}} people think this response is helpful