"You were all stars"

About: Aberdeen Maternity Hospital

I gave birth to my little girl in March at the Midwives Unit at Aberdeen Maternity Hospital. I called in advance at 4: 30am and was advised that I'd probably be sent home but to head through to get checked out. When we arrived at 6am, the midwife said she would leave my examination until after the shift change at 7am. I was examined and it turned out I was further on than we all thought, so I was definitely not going home! We were lucky to have the same midwife (Laura) from start to finish and she was a huge support to myself and my husband during my labour! We couldn't have asked for a better midwife to deliver our precious bundle of joy!

I was admitted to Summerfield Ward to stay overnight and the staff on the ward were so helpful during our stay. You were all stars! Thank you so much for the positive experience!

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Interim Chief Nurse for Surgery, NHS Grampian

Dear Mrs Whyte

Congratulations on the birth of your wee girl!

Staff at Aberdeen Maternity Hospital will be delighted to hear how they helped you and your husband with the birth of your baby. They will also be delighted to be described as “stars”!

We are grateful for all feedback but especially when we know how busy new mums are!

We always try to take account of what matters to people and we can tell from your story that continuity of care and supportive and helpful staff are what mattered to you and what you experienced. Well done to all concerned, not least to you, for doing all the hard work!

Thank you again and our very best wishes to you and your little one.