"Data Protection issues"
About: Leicestershire and Lincolnshire Leicestershire and Lincolnshire
Posted by Female (as ),
This Surgery kept a relative's mobile number on file without my permission and sent a Text "reminding ME" of an appointment.
Due to my concerns about personal information and Data Protection, I wondered if my request for "opting Out" in 2012 was taken seriously. To date, it is still unclear if this is the case.
I put in a complaint re: the 2 issues above and also requested a copy of all my medical records, paying the requested £50.
Interestingly, the records appeared just 4 working days after the payment was received, with the mobile number still on file. There were so many errors held in the records.
However, no reply has been made regarding the Data Protection issues. in the time frame set by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). A complaint is now with the ICO. .
* not keeping my information secure.
* holds inaccurate information about me (not my number ).
* disclosed information about me: re appointment.
* keeping information longer than necessary, without my permission.
* collected information for one reason but using it for something else.