"Why do they bother to book appointements?"

About: Croydon University Hospital

I have never ever visited this hospital and been seen on time. I dont know anyone who has been seen on time in this hospital. Today I went with my mum to have her blood tested, and we had an appointment. We waited 45 minutes, no one told us anything. We only got seen as I went and made a complaint.. The blood test department is terrible. Its difficult to believe that they actually allow a department to be run so badly. Its chaotic, with a badly operated ticket system. If they had a tannoy to call out numbers at least we would not be subject to nurses screaming numbers out! I The place is packed to the gills, and if you are outside you wont hear your number being called. If this department has a manager, then shame on you. Wheelchairs in gangways, people tripping over wheelchairs, bored children screaming, no light, no air. The hospital is old, falling apart, with a maze of wings and additions attached. I was born and live in Croydon. I would travel anywhere so as not to use Croydon General.

Response from Graham Richardson, Deputy Manager, PALS and Complaints, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Response from Croydon University Hospital

(Posted on Patient Opinion 6/11/2014) I am so sorry that you and your mother had a poor experience when you attended for a blood test recently, and am grateful that you have taken the time to let us know. I have passed on your comments to the service managers, as I understand that some changes have been made recently and I will post an update as soon as I have details. Graham Richardson, Deputy Manager, PALS and Complaints