"Communication between professionals"

About: Inverclyde Royal Hospital / Urology

(as a relative),

My husbands prostate-specific antigen has been monitored for the past six months. It jumped from 5.2 to 9.7 in June. His GP referred him to be seen by a urologist. When I called to see when he would be seen I was told end of August. We had to use our savings to go private and had an MRI and biopsy done. He was rushed to Inverclyde with prostatitis.

He went to private hospital today for results and has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and been told to have his prostate removed. Surely urology in Inverclyde could have phoned the private hospital to see what they were dealing with?

I am wondering now if he can have the operation on the NHS.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear Zodiaco

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback. In the first instance it would be useful if you could contact me with your husband's personal details at paul.cannon@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and we can investigate this further for you.

Kind Regards

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful