"Podiatry Park House - County Health partners"

About: Specialist services / Podiatry

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

My G. P. first referred me to Park House, Health & Social Care Centre, 61, Burton Rd, Carlton, Nottm, for the problems with my feet. However I need a further foot operation on my right foot, my left foot was done at Nottingham City Hospital about 2000, 2001 or 2002? It is not because I do not want to have my operation done at Park House, but I understand they only do the operations on the day unit and I could not cope with local anaesthetic. I have physical and mental health problems & mobility problems & I have no family or close friends & live on my own and would need to have general anaesthestic and stay in hospital (& rehabilitation hospital after as I could not cope on my own)

My G. P. advises me I have been referred to City Hospital by a male podiatrist ( I cannot remember his name (It could be Mark Flanagan? ) Mark was so understanding and caring and very concerned about my mental health affecting my day-to-day living and he contacted my G. P which I was very grateful for.

As for Park House the staff have always been helpful & looked after me, even when I had a nasty fall once & owing my mental state, it is a pleasure to come (like a trip out form e) and I have refreshments & feel safe in the surroundings knowing there is always someone around.

Thank you to everyone for looking after me, I am a pensioner.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to make this post. I am glad you find our staff helpful and caring. I will pass on your comments to Mark and I am sure he will be delighted with your feedback.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story