"Disappointed"

About: The Portland Practice

I will start by saying that I am absolutely aware of how much pressure the NHS is under, especially GP's. However I called earlier this week as I have had some slightly worrying symptoms, which several health campaigns have said should warrant a trip to the GP, as it could be a sign of cancer.

I called, waited in a queue for about 30 minutes and was then told I could have an appointment in over a month's time. I expressed how worried I was about the issue, and the Receptionist was kind, but was told that my issue could only be seen to through a routine appointment, over the phone. I was told that if I were really worried about it, I should go to A&E.

I'm a little torn on what to do - I'm not sure if the issue I have is serious enough to go to A&E, but I'm also now anxious about waiting for the GP appointment in case it could be something more serious. I have two family members also at the practice, and they have similarly had issues getting appointments, routine or otherwise.

nhs.uk logo

Response from The Portland Practice 3 months ago
The Portland Practice
Submitted on 21/04/2022 at 17:44
Published on nhs.uk at 17:45

Dear patient, thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you have experienced difficulties in booking a routine appointment with a GP, I understand your concerns and would like to address them. We are currently experiencing high demand for appointments and we are providing face to face and phone consultations. We want to ensure that we provide an appropriate appointment for you as soon as possible so please contact me directly on 01242 215439 so that we can resolve it. Kind regards, Laurella Parffrey, Practice Manager