"Heroes and angels"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Accident & Emergency Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Critical Care Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / General surgery Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Renal and Transplant Services Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

(as a relative),

My Wife had an aneurysm on her aorta which ruptured on Boxing Night, she was taken by ambulance to The Queen Elizabeth. She was taken to theatre and operated on by Mr Hussy and his team, thankfully, due to the skills of these wonderful surgeons, my Wife survived the operation. She subsequently spent 3 weeks in the ICU and is now recovering in the renal unit at The Queen Elizabeth. I just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to Mr Hussy, his team of doctors and nurses who assisted with the operation and all the fantastic doctors and nurses who took care of my wife in the ICU.

She is now in a specialist renal ward (ward 4D)  the staff there are doing a fantastic job in looking after Sheila, assisting with her physical and mental recovery. You are all my heroes and angels, I will always be grateful to you.

Response from Elaine Burt, Chief Nurse, Regional Services, NHSGGC last month
Elaine Burt
Chief Nurse, Regional Services,
NHSGGC
Submitted on 25/01/2021 at 13:19

Dear Blackie55,

Thanks you for taking the time to post this feedback about your wife's care. This has obviously been a difficult time for you and I am pleased to read how your wife has been improving.

I will be delighted to pass on the feedback to Senior Charge Nurse Burns and her team in ward 4D Renal. I know what a great job they do to keep their patients safe and well looked after and they will be pleased to read this.

I would like to wish your wife well with her continued rehabilitation and thank you again for posting this feedback.

Kind Regards

Elaine Burt Chief Nurse

Regional Services

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Response from Alan Martin, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service last month
Alan Martin
Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement,
Scottish Ambulance Service
Submitted on 29/01/2021 at 17:33

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Care Opinion.

I would like to say that I am so sorry to read about your wifes aneurysm. What a truly frightening experience for her and you that must have been.

However, I am really pleased to read about the experience you received from the staff involved. A very time critical situation requiring the most precise interventions. They all sound incredible.

I hope that you have your wife back home with you soon.

I would like to wish you all the very best and thanks again!

Kind Regards