"Dermatology appointment"

About: Inverclyde Royal Hospital / Dermatology

I had been attending dermatology due to an ongoing skin condition. My appointment was moved back several months due to covid 19. Prior to this I found the team helpful and supportive. On my recent visit however I felt dismissed and an inconvenience to them. They spent little time discussing my concerns and when I asked questions they were dismissed in quite an upsetting manner. At one point there were 4 members of staff (overcrowding the room according to the covid guidelines on the wall) and speaking over me whilst not really giving space to what I was saying. I was the told I had been discharged again with no discussion. I found the whole experience disheartening and it has put me off seeking support from them in the future.

Response from Nicole McInally, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Manager, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Team, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde 3 days ago
Nicole McInally
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
Submitted on 24/11/2020 at 14:24

Dear Catbus

I am very sorry to read about your experience with the Dermatology Service and that this has put you off seeking further support. We are keen to resolve this and if you could call Isobel Cairney, Clinical Service Manager, on 07817076567 we can discuss this further.

Kind Regards