"A hard working, compassionate, and extremely caring clinician"

About: University Hospital Monklands / Clinical haematology

I attend The Monklands Hospital in Airdrie Lanarkshire Scotland. I have a condition called Haemochromatosis which requires regular blood lets,  under the supervision of the clinic manager Jane . Over the years of blood lets, I couldn't help but think what a waste that this donated blood gets discarded, so with Jane's agreement, we decided to see if I would be suitable to donate my blood at scotblood.co.uk.

After various tests, I was deemed suitable to do this, freeing up valuable space at The Hospital for patients who couldn't donate blood this way. I now go and give blood this way, with regular level checks with Jane at The Hospital and a once or twice annual appointment with her. As Janes clinic is so busy and the fact that she is so helpful and caring, always at hand if you need her, I think that this way of blood letting (albeit not suitable for every case) would be helpful to The NHS.

Jane is an exemplary example of a hardworking, compassionate, and extremely caring Clinician and I would love to see her getting the recognition she so richly deserves.