"Very disappointing"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

My child was seen by pain management and given medication .When this had side effects I contacted them and was told abruptly by a secretary to stop giving him it .When I have xalled and emailed for advise as he is in severe pain I am ignored and none of my calls returned .The next review is in April 2020 .They appear not to care at all about a child in pain .

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

We are very sorry for your recent experience regarding your son's pain management and would like to help you resolve the problems you are experiencing. If you wish to raise your concerns with someone who is not involved in your care, the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can listen to your issues and aim to help sort out problems quickly and can be contacted on Freephone 0800 032 02 02 or by email on northoftynepals@nhct.nhs.uk. If you would like to discuss this and have a formal investigation in to your experiences, please contact our Patient Relations Department on 0191 2231382 or e-mail patient.relations@nuth.nhs.uk.