"Attentive but communication could be better"

About: University Hospital Hairmyres / Gastroenterology University Hospital Hairmyres / General Medicine

(as a volunteer/advocate),

Ward 11

Nursing staff very attentive cannot complain at all.

Treatment I received has been excellent unfortunately contracted c dif after admission. Care after that was amazing. The nursing staff are very attentive and showed compassion.

Food is adequate and choices are fine. Communication with the doctors could be better, could give more feedback to the patient and information on what tests are being carried out. Domestic staff are great and always cleaning hostesses are so nice. Porters are so amazing everyone so far has been so great. Student nurses are so nice.

Response from Angela Dixon, Interim Service Manager for Medical Directorate, University Hospital Hairmyres, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Uhh148

I am sorry to hear you were unwell and had to be admitted to hospital and contracted c diff during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback in relation to your admission.

I am really pleased that you found the nursing staff attentive and have also took the time to recognise the work undertaken by our domestic, hostess and portering teams too!

I will speak to the consultants and ask if there is anything we can do to improve communication lines between them and our patients.

Kind Regards