"Cardio Rehab Team and Stress Control Course"

About: Ninewells Hospital / Cardiology University Hospital Hairmyres / Cardiology

I suffered a Heart Attack in May of this year 2019 in Dundee. Whilst attending my Daughter's Degree Show. I was admitted to Ninewells Hospital at 12 midnight and underwent an Angioplasty, having two stents fitted. The Surgeons and Staff at Ninewells were exemplary and basically saved my life!

On returning home I soon started the continuation of my rehab treatment by joining The Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme at The University Hospital Hairmyres, under the guidance of Faye (The Boss) Cardiac Rehabilitation Nurse and Donough Physiotherapist and their teams.

Besides the Exercise Programs and Thursday talks on diet, mindfulness, causes and prevention. It's all the sincere compassion, care, help, encouragement and advice given by these very special and dedicated people that I'll take away with me for my lasting memories, to help me begin a new life. A Life that they installed with "New Hope" that there is a life after a Heart Attack and a different way of living your life!

The additional advice to attend the Stress Control Classes also held within the Lecture Theatre was also very beneficial in dealing with the mental stress aspects of my illness and perhaps part of the cause!

I give thanks to the very professional Sophie too, who headed up the classes.

All round a fabulous package offered to help you all free of charge by Hairmyres and NHS Lanarkshire

Response from Rick Edwards, Programme Manager for Person-Centred Care, Quality Directorate, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear cvrgraham,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback regarding your recuperation and rehabilitation; a fantastic message which I hope will inspire others who may be following in your footsteps.

Faye, Donough, Sophie and the rest of the team are inspirational and work tirelessly to support people on their journey to recovery and you'll know that a positive outlook and "can do" attitude will help you to realise the benefits of participating in and following the programme.

I'll be sure to share your message with the staff mentioned and the wider team.

I wish you well with your ongoing rehab as you embark on your "new life".

All the best to you and your family.

Rick