"Sent home with no clear plan"

About: Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus / General surgery

After having a incisional hernia operation in last year which became infected in the following month and had to be taken back down to theatre to have it rectified almost a year has gone by and I am still waiting for this to be sorted once again. Scans show an infected mesh and sinus/collection.

I still have an open wound, being dressed daily, in a lot of pain and despite being admitted as an emergency over the last week I have again been sent home with no clear plan as to when this will be sorted and a scan done has shown that the condition is worsening. The attitude of the consultants was unprofessional, rude and degrading. Because of the way I have been treated I am now being referred for psychiatric treatment because of the way it made me feel.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback. I’m deeply sorry to hear your experience of care in our hospital so far has not been all that it should be and for any distress this may have caused. I would welcome the opportunity to look into this matter and see what can be done to help you, if you’d like us to do this please contact our Patient Experience team on 0115 924 9924 ext 66623 or email QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Kind regards

Simon Parsons

Divisional Director of Surgery

• crystal palace doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful

Update posted by crystal palace (the patient)

sorry but I intend to take this matter to the chief executive.